Sunday, September 13, 2009

Observations

I like numbers...

1. People are incapable of parking appropriately when there are no lines in the lot. There are 8 cars in the parking lot but 5 of them are parked crooked (wayyy crooked). If one person parks crooked, it messes up all the people on down the line. But of course my school is too cheap to paint lines so I guess this will be a continuing trend.

2. When someone tells you, "yes we can hang out this weekend!" you are automatically supposed to assume that does not mean Friday and Saturday, but instead only Sunday and Monday. DUH.

3. The food here sucks. It really sucks. I wish I was back in France, eating duck, anything with nutella, and le oncle's pasta carbonara. Sigh.

4. Some classes make you feel DUMB. I was trying to do homework for one of my psychology classes, but I ended up just wanting to cry. haha. I shouldn't be too surprised, since this class is taught by the same professor I had for psych101. First semester, freshman year she had us writing a 35-page research paper. Nevermind that all the other psych classes had tests with open notes and led a virtually stress-free life, our class was stressed to the max and I'm still surprised I survived that semester without breaking down.

5. My window faces lots of greenery and trees--I can see the leaves starting to change colors. It'll be really cool to watch fall wander in. That's one good thing about this place. We've got trees galore and the leaves are always so pretty. I'm trying not to think about the fact that eventually the leaves fall down (hi, winter) and basically it just all goes downhill from there. Perks of living on a mountain, you know.

4 comments:

  1. Where I grew up it would snow ALOT and the parking lots of the buisnesses that were too cheap to pay for the good snow removal (aka: the movie theatre that I worked at) would look like junk yards. Cars would park so crooked that you would get to a point where you had to back out of the row because you couldnt get through!
    One of the best things you will learn in college is how to "pick professors" if they are hard for one class, they will continue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thing with the cars happened at RIT too. Do you have nutella? I can buy some and send it this weekend.

    -julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha I like your observations. I can sort of relate here in Missouri. There will always be that one class that makes you want to throw a child-like tantrum in front of the professor 'cause you can't seem to give them what they want.

    I have really great parking here for the first time ever. Thought I rub that in :)

    Oh however, the food here sucks entirely here as well. They keep changing the food company and each year it gets worse. All they really do is change the "atmosphere" of the caf so it seems to have better food. Basically, they are trying to trick us. We're college students, we know better.

    Ok, rant over. Back to reality... and homework.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother makes carbonara - it is GOOD!

    ReplyDelete