When I think back to the semester I spent abroad in France, I am hit with overwhelming nostalgia. I'm sappy and sentimental, so this should come as no surprise. It was, without a doubt, an amazing four months and the
best trip ever. Despite this, I do have some regrets. The biggest being that I wish that I appreciated my surroundings more. I should have taken more walks, more bike rides, did more exploring. I think it happened to all of us... we got so used to everything, gave into a sense of false security; that we'd be leaving eventually was unthinkable.
Maybe I'll make it back there someday. If I do, I definitely won't take it for granted.
I have been editing some of my pictures and I really like how they're turning out!

Tour Eiffel at night.

Grande Arche in La Défense, Paris.

A snapshot of the quiet country life in Ambialet, France.

An afternoon in Albi, France.

St. Sernin's Basilica in Toulouse, France.
Sigh. In light of my super boring summer, I
really miss this place. Lots.
I like these pictures, are you going to work on a scrapbook? Do you have one to put all your pics in? I still owe you a b-day present and perhaps scrapbooking supplies are a good idea!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures, thanks for sharing! It sounds like a wonderful experience for you, I am sure you will go back someday...
ReplyDelete