Not much has happened since I last posted. But time has been marching on... July is here already! It feels like the summer is going by way too fast, and I haven't been doing much of anything.
Well, I guess that is debateable. I've gone to Connecticut and Boston, taken in a Red Sox game, visited the other side of the family in West Virginia (two weekends in a row!), helped my grandma out a little. And I've been doing a lot of reading. I started with Harry Potter #1, and am currently practically done with #6. So I'll probably finish book #7 before movie #6, but oh well.
And this weekend I am heading down to DC to visit my roommate. I haven't seen her since January so it will definitely be a weekend well-spent. :)
I guess the thing I am complaining about is all the downtime I have inbetween all these adventures. I've been trying to find a place to volunteer at, but everything I find is either too far away or doesn't sound appealing. And it's already July, I'd most likely have to go through training once I actually find something and contact them, and then how much time would I have to actually volunteer before school starts? Sigh.
I've been trying to do practical things in spite of my boredom. When I came back from my semester abroad, I discovered that I had gained... um... a few pounds. Personally, I feel like it was a ridiculous amount of weight, but then people told me they thought I looked healthier and stuff, more mature and all that jazz. Yeah, I wasn't really sure what to think. But I definitely had a belly and I wasn't really happy with how I looked and how much I had gained (and where I had gained it--sooo annoying). So I jumped on the elliptical one day and it kind of became a routine...until I got tired of just listening to music for 45 minutes. However, I found that I've lost 4 pounds and my practically pregnant-looking belly has started getting smaller, which means I need to suck it up and deal with just listening to music, even if it gets boring. I would watch movies, but my laptop dies after 15 minutes if it's not plugged in, no lie.
Hopefully by the end of summer, I will like my body again. And it would be much easier on the wallet if I could fit back into my jeans and capris. As of now, I can't even fit into the jeans I took with me to France. All that bread and those delicious desserts definitely came back to bite me... But it was soooooooo good!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment