Tuesday, July 7, 2009

changes?

Visiting my old roommate in DC this weekend was both good and bad. For an entire semester we have been apart, me in France, she in central PA. It probably didn’t help that another friend of ours also came with me to France. I knew she would likely branch out back on campus and start hanging out with new people because we weren’t there. What I didn’t expect was to come back and hear stories worthy of Real World fodder.

It was great to see her, but at the same time it was just the two of us. When we go back to school, I’m not sure how things are going to be. She kept telling me, just wait til we go back and you meet everybody and get into the swing of things. But from what I have heard, hanging out and doing what they do is not going to be on the top of my list. Maybe it would be different if it was just drinking, maybe I could deal with a little bit of that, but there is more. A lot more stuff that is, in my opinion, even worse. But then again, people can do what they want, and maybe I’m just a prude. Who knows.

Hearing all her stories almost made me glad we aren't rooming together in the fall and I didn't feel as guilty about signing up for a single, which costs more money. I'm not sure that I would be comfortable being in the thick of it all... and at least if things get too crazy for me I can retreat back to my room. The only thing that sucks about it is that I'm on the other side of campus, and on the edge of it at that. So when we've got snow falling, crazy ass wind, and temperatures below zero, I'll be trekking to and from my dorm and everyone else's. I'm also not really looking forward to walking back alone, late at night. I have this irrational fear of getting kidnapped, haha. But I will deal. The pros far outweigh the cons, I think.

Anyways, I left feeling very torn about everything. Summer is so boring and I was almost looking forward to going back to school, classes and all, but now I’m kind of dreading it. I just think things will be drastically different. I hope they aren’t, though, I really hope that I’m just making something out of nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment